Ichthux 6.09 beta6 is out!
The Ichthux team is proud to announce the release of Ichthux 6.09 beta6.
- Please Remember:
- This is beta software and even though it should be pretty stable (we are building from Kubuntu's 6.06.1 release) be aware that it could have problems. What we would like, at this point, is to have as many people try beta6 out so that we can fix any remaining bugs before we realease Ichthux 6.09 some time in September.
Ichthux 6.09 beta6 features include
All of Kubuntu 6.06.1 "Dapper Drake" features and applications plus:
- BibleTime Bible reader
- kio-sword for Bible reader integration in Konqueror
- several Bibles installed by default for English (KJV), Spanish (SPARV), French (LSG), Hebrew (WLC), Greek (TR), Korean (Korean), Italian (Itadio) , Arabic (Arasvd), Russian (RST), and German (Gerlut1545)
- Sword modules installed by language
- Christian console tools: verse, bible-kjv
- Christian emoticons theme for instant messaging in Kopete
- kdict (KDE Dictionary) with the Easton and Hitchcock Bible dictionaries
- content filter (willowng) for blocking undesired websites
- default artwork and settings designed with Christians in mind
You can get Ichthux 6.09 beta6 from various servers:
- Denmark (http://ichthux.pj2.org)
- USA (http://matheteuo.org/)
- USA (http://www.misterben.org.uk)
- USA (http://us.mirror.ichthux.com)
- France (http://ichthux.free.fr)
- France (http://fr.mirror.ichthux.com)
Installing from Ubuntu
Whether you have Ubuntu or one of its derivatives on your computer, you can easily install Ichthux on your computer, by doing the following: Add the Ichthux repository to your sources.list:
deb http://archive.ichthux.com/ichthux grace main deb-src http://archive.ichthux.com/ichthux grace main
Type the following commands in a console to install Ichthux:
wget http://archive.ichthux.com/ichthux.asc # This downloads the key to identify the Ichthux repository sudo apt-key add ichthux.asc sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ichthux-desktop
The Ichthux CD also installs sword modules for your language when they are available. If you wish to have them, you can perform this installation by installing the sword-language-pack-* module corresponding to your language. For example, for French support:
sudo apt-get install sword-language-pack-fr
General Usage Notes:
Beta6 is a LiveCD, which means it can be run from the CD without installing anything to your computer's hard drive. When you boot up the CD it will take you to a "Kubuntu" boot screen, don't worry, we are working on changing that to an Ichthux one. If you want to install beta6 just click on the "Install" icon on the desktop when it is fully loaded.
The willowng content filter needs to be turned on before it can be used. To do this go to the Kmenu and go to Settings -> Content Filter. You will need to add "bad" addresses which are the ones you want to block in the "Domain Filtering" tab. Then set up your browser to use URL "localhost" and port "8563".
Please use our Launchpad Bug tracker to file bugs on problems that are specific to Ichthux. If the problem seems to be with non-Ichthux specific programs like the kernel or Xorg please use the Kubuntu Launchpad Bug tracker.
You can also contact us by the methods on the Contact page.