Ichthux 6.09 "Amazing Grace" is released!
The Ichthux team is proud to announce the release of Ichthux 6.09 "Amazing Grace".
Ichthux 6.09 "Amazing Grace" features include
All Kubuntu 6.06.1 "Dapper Drake" features and applications upgraded with latest updates plus:
- BibleTime Bible reader
- Kio-Sword for Bible reader integration in Konqueror
- Losungen (Watchwords) SuperKaramba theme
- several Bibles installed by default for English (KJV), Spanish (SPARV), French (LSG), Hebrew (WLC), Greek (TR), Korean (Korean), Italian (Itadio) , Arabic (Arasvd), Russian (RST), and German (Gerlut1545)
- Sword modules installed by language
- Christian console tools: verse, bible-kjv
- Christian emoticons theme for instant messaging in Kopete
- Kdict (KDE Dictionary) with the Easton and Hitchcock Bible dictionaries
- default artwork and settings designed with Christians in mind
You can get Ichthux 6.09 "Amazing Grace" from various servers:
- Denmark (http://ichthux.pj2.org)
- USA (http://matheteuo.org/)
- France (http://ichthux.free.fr)
- France (http://fr.mirror.ichthux.com)
- USA (http://us.mirror.ichthux.com)
- USA (http://www.misterben.org.uk)
High bandwidth paid downloads are also available from MadTux.org.
Installing from Ubuntu
Whether you have Ubuntu or one of its derivatives on your computer, you can easily install Ichthux on your computer, by doing the following: Add the Ichthux repository to your sources.list:
deb http://archive.ichthux.com/ichthux grace main deb-src http://archive.ichthux.com/ichthux grace main
Type the following commands in a console to install Ichthux:
wget http://archive.ichthux.com/ichthux.asc # This downloads the key to identify the Ichthux repository sudo apt-key add ichthux.asc sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ichthux-desktop
The Ichthux CD also installs sword modules for your language when they are available. If you wish to have them, you can perform this installation by installing the sword-language-pack-* module corresponding to your language. For example, for French support:
sudo apt-get install sword-language-pack-fr
General Usage Notes:
Ichthux 6.09 "Amazing Grace" iso image is a LiveCD, which means it can be run from the CD without installing anything to your computer's hard drive. If you want to install Ichthux 6.09, just click on the "Install" icon on the desktop when it is fully loaded.
The willowng content filter had not been included in Ichthux 6.09 because it is not ready yet. We hope to include it in future releases. You can however install it with apt-get, by typing the following in a console.
sudo apt-get install willowng-config-kde
Willowg needs to be turned on before it can be used. To do this go to the Kmenu and go to Settings -> Content Filter. You will need to add "bad" addresses which are the ones you want to block in the "Domain Filtering" tab. Then set up your browser to use URL "localhost" and port "8563".
Please use our Launchpad Bug tracker to file bugs on problems that are specific to Ichthux. If the problem seems to be with non-Ichthux specific programs like the kernel or Xorg please use the Kubuntu Launchpad Bug tracker.
You can also contact us by the methods on the Contact page.